St Luke's Anglican School is owned and governed by the Corporation of the Synod of the Diocese of Brisbane, and is a member of the Anglican Schools Commission of the Anglican Church of Southern Queensland.
Governing BodyThe Governing Body of St Luke's Anglican School is the Diocesan Council.
The members of the Diocesan Council are:
- The Most Reverend Dr P J Aspinall
- The Right Reverend G M Smith
- The Right Reverend C Venables
- The Reverend Dr R Bowles
- The Reverend A Lowe
- Dr Ann Dashwood
- Ms A Kjellgren
- Dr T Nicholson
- The Right Reverend
- Dr J C Holland
- The Right Reverend A Taylor
- The Venerable G F Harch
- The Reverend Dr J Inkpin
- The Reverend J Woolner
- Dr Ruth S Kerr OAM
- The Honourable Justice D Mullins
- Mr T C Reid
Diocesan Council delegates some functions of governance to the St Luke's Anglican School Council via the School's Constitution. In circumstances where the directors of the Governing Body must be provided with a report about sexual abuse or likely sexual abuse, the Diocesan Council has, pursuant to Section 3668 of the Education (General Provisions) Act, delegated that role to Mr Greg Milles, the Director of Professional Standards within the Diocese.
Certain governance functions are delegated to the School Council, whose powers are subject to its Constitution and the Canons of the Diocese. The School Council works with the Anglican Schools Commission regarding School operations.
The School Council is the body responsible for overseeing the future planning and development of the School. The council also ensures that the policies and ethos of the Anglican Church Southern Queensland are maintained. They also oversee the financial viability of the School.
The body is committed to strengthening partnerships between staff, the parent body, and the wider community. The school council ensures the highest quality of education and the best possible teaching and learning facilities are available to all St Luke’s students.
Members of the School Council are appointed by the Anglican Schools Commission; they include representatives of the School community and the wider community. The Council meets monthly to discuss a variety of topics including strategic goals, developments in education, budget oversight, policies, risk management, and overall school performance.
The Chair of School Council, Mrs Hermina (Herna) Conradie,
has been an active member of the Council since July 2014. She also remains the
Chair of the Education Committee. Herna is currently the Access Co-ordinator of
the STEPS program at CQUniversity, Bundaberg Campus.
School Council Members
- President: The Most Reverend Dr Phillip Aspinall BSc, Grad Dip RE, BD, PhD, MBA
- Chair of School Council and Chair of Education Committee: Mrs Hermina Conradie, MEd in Higher Education, BComm (Hons in Mathematics), BEd (Hons in Management & Leadership), BComm (Ed)
- Deputy Chair of School Council and Chair of Christian Formation Committee: Mr Ron Pozzan, BSc (Met)
- Chair of Finance and Organisation Committee: Mr Darren Hart, BBus (Accounting), FCPA
- Mr John McLean, DipT (Sec), BEd
- The Reverand Warren Darnley, Grad Dip RE, Th Dip, Dip EV, JP (Com. Dec)
- Mr Mark Story, BComm, LLB
- Ms Terri-Anne Dwyer, Cert IV in Adult Training & Assessment
- Mr Troy Wilkinson, Dip FS(FP), AdvDip FS(FP), AFP
- Mr David Newby, BAppSc(BltEnv), GradDipUrb&RegPlan, MAppSc(BltEnv), MPIA, CPP, FDIA
- Principal: Mr Craig Merritt, BA, DipEd, MEd (Leadership & Management), MACEL
- Business Manager: Mr David Reed, BBus, CPA, AFAIM, MAICD