Welcome to Reverend Canon Len Nairn
My name is Len Nairn and I will be Principal at St Luke’s for the next six months. Let me tell you a little about myself.
I retired as the Foundation Headmaster of All Saints Anglican School on the Gold Coast in 2001 after 16 years of leadership and service.
Since that time I have been invited to consult and assist many Schools, Commissions and Dioceses, in reviewing, consolidating and restructuring their management team and performance, both in and out of the classroom.
In 2013 I was appointed as the Ministerial nominee on the Non-State Schools Accreditation Board of Queensland. The Board reports directly to the Queensland Minister for Education, Training and Employment. The appointment was for three years and it was recently renewed; however, it was a requirement that I resign upon my appointment to one of the schools under the control of the NSSAB (St Luke’s).
Since 2001, I have held the following positions:
- 2003 – Canon Administrator of St John’s Cathedral, Brisbane
- 2004/5 – Director, Ministry Education Commission, Diocese of Brisbane
- 2006/8 – CEO/Principal, The Cathedral School of St Anne and St James, Townsville
- 2009 – Acting Principal, Emmanuel Anglican College, Ballina
- 2012 – CEO/Principal, Fraser Coast Anglican College, Hervey Bay
- I continue to assist local parishes, in particular my own Parish of the Holy Spirit, Surfers Paradise.
In my short time in Bundaberg I have been most impressed by the staff and students of St Luke’s. It has a fine campus and great facilities. We are ready, willing and able to tackle the educational challenges of the 21st century and the ramifications of the digital revolution.